The impact of indoor location services technology on healthcare has been nothing short of transformative. Smart healthcare solutions have emerged as powerful tools in revolutionizing patient care. Let’s explore the benefits of smart healthcare solutions in streamlining healthcare processes.
How Do Smart Healthcare Solutions Help Healthcare Providers?
Smart healthcare is the integration of technology and healthcare to create intelligent spaces that leverage the power of data. These solutions use technology to collect, analyze and interpret indoor location data, enabling healthcare providers to make informed decisions and provide more efficient and personalized patient care. The key components of smart healthcare include data analytics, Internet of Things (IoT) devices and real-time monitoring, that depend on a robust wireless infrastructure.
Benefits of Smart Healthcare Solutions
- Medical Asset Tracking and Inventory Management: Medical asset tracking provides a seamless way to track the location of medical equipment and supplies, including beds, stretchers and critical care equipment such as IV pumps, heart rate monitors, etc. This ensures that these assets are always available when needed and also prevents theft or loss. Medical inventory management helps hospitals improve their pharmacy supply management by monitoring the usage of supplies such as medicines, bandages and needles in real-time.
- Patient Engagement and Experience: Smart healthcare solutions empower patients with hassle-free W-Fi onboarding and real-time updates and notifications, and indoor navigation. This increased engagement leads to better efficiencies, improved care and ultimately, better health outcomes.
- Patient safety and Infant Monitoring: Solutions like infant tracking, nurse call and fall detection, allow healthcare providers to monitor patients in real-time. This is particularly valuable for patients who need continuous monitoring. The increased safety reduces anxiety in patients, further improving their overall healthcare experience.
- Optimized Resource Allocation: Real-time data analytics help healthcare providers forecast patient flow, identify bottlenecks and allocate resources efficiently. This leads to reduced waiting times, improved patient flow and enhanced operational efficiency.
- Staff Duress: Using panic buttons, badges and real-time, indoor location services technology, hospitals can rapidly respond in situations of staff duress.
- Space Optimisation and Cost Savings: Analyzing real-time and historical occupancy data contributes to cost savings by optimizing resource utilization and space management.
Smart Healthcare Solutions by Cisco Spaces
Cisco Spaces is a cloud-based smart healthcare solution that operates on Cisco wireless network infrastructure. Healthcare giants like NHS Foundation and UMC Utrecht rely on it to drive specific healthcare use cases. By implementing asset tracking capabilities, healthcare organizations can reduce asset loss, optimize resource utilization and ensure timely care. Environmental monitoring features automate temperature control, trigger alerts for immediate response and help meet compliance standards. Patient safety can be enhanced through real-time occupancy monitoring, infant security and panic buttons for staff control. Cisco Spaces’ solutions also enhance patient, staff and visitor experiences by offering zero-touch Wi-Fi onboarding, contactless notifications and indoor wayfinding.
Explore the whole range of Cisco Spaces smart healthcare solutions, here.